We seek a freelance Communications and Social Media Support, to develop Creative Places Tuam’s website and social media channels, disseminating the programme across a diverse target group and realising significant audience development In order to ensure optimal visibility for the programme of activities and projects delivered, the role will involve content creation as well as sharing and ensuring visibility of existing resources.
The successful applicant will consider the social media and website’s function as an archive of the programme after the end of 2023.
The successful applicant will work closely with Create’s Communications and Publishing Manager and the Programme Coordinator for Creative Places Tuam, reporting to the Director of Create.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communications / Development
- Generate and commission engaging communications content
- Oversee core channels including Creative Places Tuam website, Facebook and Instagram
- Deliver targeted campaigns and promotions across media channels
- Oversee digital activities and maintain Create’s online presence
- Monitor and analyse media coverage and audience data
- Work across the team to maintain best practice and ensure consistency in communications and core messages in all media
Administrative / Other
- Plan, manage and report on activities and initiatives
- Undertake training as required
- Maintain archives of print, publication, digital and video documentation
- Maintain a database of relevant contacts
This role requires exceptional project management abilities as well as excellent communications skills and a background in communications or journalism, combined with experience of writing and editing for print and digital platforms, and an up-to-date knowledge of audience development initiatives. This role will require occasional meetings/ site visits in Tuam.
- Self-disciplined, organised and self-motivating
- Ability to work in a team, contributing ideas, supporting team members and taking a lead role in projects as required
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen, build rapport and communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- An analyst who can identify individual issues, always aware of the big picture
- Energetic and committed to the ethos, values and ambition of Creative Places Tuam
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with people at all levels, both internal and external
- Display a sound understanding of equality issues and ability to appreciate, value and learn from other cultures and perspectives
- Ability to express complex ideas and projects for diverse audiences
- Ability to manage website content, SEO, email applications (Mailchimp), social media and other relevant online systems and platforms
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform either now or in the future.
This is a freelance role offering a fixed fee of €5,000 (inclusive of VAT and expenses). The period of work is expected to be from the beginning of July 2023 to the end of January 2024. Payments will be made in stages throughout this period, following the satisfactory completion of agreed tasks and submission of suitable invoices.
Applications should include a cover letter, outlining why you are suitable for this role, with a full CV and two named referees.
Completed applications should be submitted by email only to recruitment[at]create-ireland.ie with “Communications and Social Media application” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is Monday 19th June 2023 at 5.00pm. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Create is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its employment policy, practices and procedures.
Interviews will be held in person in Tuam or on Zoom on Thursday 29th of June 2023